3 DAY WORKSHOP OF NATURE PHOTOGRAPHY IN MONFRAGÜE
We are delighted to introduce you to our new Nature photography workshop. In it we will spend 3 days learning about wildlife, landscape and night photography in the heart of the Monfragüe National Park. The workshops will feature theoretical and practical classes taught by the guide and photographer of Nature Photo Tours, Antonio Caño.
What does the workshop include?
The price is all inclusive.
- Accommodation: We will rest in a rural house with double room (if you want an individual it is possible with a supplement of € 30 for both nights), with individual bathroom each room.
- Meals: Breakfast will be held in the rural house, lunch and dinner in restaurants where you can taste the typical foods of the region. With the exception of the second day that dinner will be held next to the castle of Monfragüe in an ideal place to watch the sunset and start the astronomical days.
- Entrance to the Hide: We will visit a hide of Carroñeras located in the National Park of Monfragüe, where we will be able to enjoy black vultures, lions, vultures, kites among other species.
- Photo workshops: Theoretical classes will be given with the concepts that we will subsequently practice in the field.
- Astronomical lesson: We will be accompanied by an expert local company in the night sky with its telescopes, which will turn our night photography workshop into something didactic also from the point of view of astronomy.
- Pick-up in nearby cities: if you come from outside and find it difficult to arrive we can pick you up from Trujillo, Cáceres or Plasencia. Where it is easy to access by bus from Madrid.
What will we learn?
We want you to enjoy nature in all aspects (fauna, landscape and night sky) that is why the workshops that will be given are:
- Raptors in flight workshop
- Wildlife workshop from hide
- Landscape workshop and use of filters (You can try filters from our GOBE sponsors)
- Night photography workshop
- Post Processing Workshop
All of them will be adapted to the level of each photographer, since being small groups, maximum 7 people, we can give a very personalized attention, in turn you can teach in English. On the other hand, all our clients will receive offers from our sponsors GOBE and OLYMPUS through discount vouchers and they can also try professional equipment.
What equipment is necessary?
To carry out this workshop it is essential to bring a reflex or mirrorless camera that allows you to program it manually, and for wildlife photography we will need a telephoto lens of a focal length of 200 millimeters or more. The ideal optics for landscape photography would be a wide angle of about 12mm to 20mm focal length but any lens that allows a focal length between 10 and 35 millimeters will be useful for night and landscape photography.
Another piece that is essential in your team for this workshop is a good tripod.
As recommended complements would be a remote trigger, a set of ND filters, polarized and Gradients … etc …
If you do not have this equipment, do not worry, tell us in your reservation email and we will find a solution. On the other hand our GOBE sponsors have left us filters so you can try them.
We have planned for you the perfect trip to enjoy one of the most special places of the Iberian Peninsula, the Monfragüe National Park in Cáceres. It will be 3 days enjoying its landscapes and animals. It also has the category of Start light which indicates that it has no light pollution and we can enjoy the night skies.
- Material Delivery
- Presentation of the course and workshop of fauna and raptors in flight.
- Walk through Monfragüe and practice.
- Entrance in the Hide
- Theoretical workshop of landscape and night photography.
Filter use workshop.
- Night photography workshop and astronomy day.
- Route through monfragüe and visit interpretation centers.
- Post Processing Workshop
- Course Closure
Price and dates
The price of the 3-day all-inclusive course is € 320 (VAT included). A reservation of € 100 will be made and the rest will be paid upon arrival at the accommodation.
It is also possible to come with family or companions, write us and we will make a special price for non-photographers.
The dates released at the moment are the weekends:
- From February 21 to 23, 2020
- From March 20 to 22, 2020
To make your reservation call +34 685 60 17 18 or send an email with your information to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you and send you a form to customize your trip as much as possible and adapt it to your preferences.